[NOTE – THIS PAGE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE so please confirm TIMES AND DATES]
Classes to be given this year include:
WATERCOLOUR PAINTING classes with Margaret WIles: 1 to 3:30 pm on Mondays; materials (paper, paint) will be available for purchase – or bring your own. June 12 to July 17 and August 7 to September 11. $12 per class; materials $3. Beginner and Intermediate. Children over age 6 (with accompanying Adult), Youth & Adults. Inquiries can be directed to Margaret about her schedule at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACRYLIC PAINTING CLASSES for ADULTS with Diana McIsaac:
- TUESDAY MORNINGS – from 10:30 to 12:30. June 13 through September. $20 per class. Inquiries to Diana at email@example.com
- TUESDAY AFTERNOONS – from 1:30 to 3:30 June 13 through September. $20 per class. To book ahead email Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SUNDAY AFTERNOONS – from 1:30 to 3:30 June 18 through September (except on those dates when there is another event scheduled such as a show opening). $20 per class. To book ahead email Diana at email@example.com
COPPERPLATE ETCHING with Bob Morouney for Adults will be offered on Wednesdays from 9:30 to 4:30 Wednesdays from June 14th to September 6th. Available are One Day Workshops at $90 and Two Day Workshops at $200. Create prints from your etched copper plate. For more information, or to register, contact the Gallery.
- HAND-BUILDING CLASSES (pinch, coil, slab, mold, free-form) and open studio hours will be offered by Melanie and Charlie on Thursdays. The first class will be offered July 6th and 13th from 1 to 3:30 – other classes will be offered on August 3rd & 10th, September 7th & 14th. $40 will cover the cost of two classes including materials and firings. You will make two pieces during the first class. These will be bisque fired in our kiln after which they may be glazed during the second class and fired again. Please direct inquiries to Melanie at (902) 661-1887 or MelanieLandau@gmail.com
- OPEN STUDIO will be available for completing pieces begun in class, making additional pieces, or for those who have prior experience and wish to continue working with clay. There will be a fee of $20 for time and materials. Please direct inquiries to Melanie at (902) 661-1887 or MelanieLandau@gmail.com
- WHEEL THROWING will be offered by Charlie Atherton; individual two hour sessions at $30 per session which includes materials and firing. Previous experience with clay and hand-building are required. Contact Charlie at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEIN AIR with Nancy Spear – beginning Thursday June 29th at 11 am and running every other week; June 29, July 13, July 27, August 10, August 24, September 7, and September 21. Call ahead to confirm the time and location of each session. While there will be no ‘instruction’ you may enjoy the collegiality of other artists and students while painting or drawing outdoors in scenic locations. All sites will be close to parking, toilets, and a water source. You will need to bring your own painting supplies including an easel, or if you prefer to paint sitting down, a paper support (board or foam-board) and a stool. $5 per session.
ACRYLIC PAINTING CLINIC with LAURELL HAMILTON – Fridays from 1:30 to 3:30. This is not a class but is intended to provide feedback on, and help with, your acrylic paintings. Bring your art supplies and projects (paintings). $10 per session. Please pre-register. Inquiries to Laurell at LaurellHamilton@gmail.com